What is a blog?
The official definition of a blog is: “a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, which is written in an informal or conversational style.”
By creating original, engaging and informative content on a regular basis, you begin to build authority and trust with the reader, which in turn builds customer loyalty. If you are providing interesting and beneficial content to the reader, they will come back for more. If you’re able to create such content, and then add a CTA or create a good user experience, the reader is more likely to turn from a reader to a Conversion.
What are the benefits of blogging?
- Drive RELEVANT traffic to your website
- Convert readers into leads
- Establish authority, trust & loyalty
- Drives long term goals
- Immediate feedback
- Build a community
- Improve SEO skills to utilise
- Receive Newsletter sign ups
What is blog optimisation?
So you’ve just finished the best blog you’ve ever written, got an eye-catching image and perfected your grammar. You go to hit POST…wait… and no one read it. Why? Because you haven’t optimised it. Keyword research either before or after you’ve written your blog (depending on your preference – some people like to write naturally and go back to add in additional content to ensure incorporation of keywords however many people prefer to perform keyword research first to almost give them a plan to build on) can prove invaluable.
You may not even realise you’ve missed a key term that is popular on search trends so by having the research behind you and using it to your advantage can be the difference between your blog going viral or not.
How do you optimise a blog?
There are many components to optimising a blog post, the most effective being:
- Perform Keyword Research
- Check SERP for Rich Results
- Make sure you write a Meta Description or Google may pull one for you!
- Optimise your Page Title (include your main keyword)
- Ensure your keyword is used in URL
- Optimise H1 Headings to incorporate Keywords
- Internal Links – link to relevant service/older blog posts/contact pages
- Optimise your images (alt tags)
Can FireTap provide my business with blogs and optimise them?