It would be easy to assume that social media marketing and in particular Facebook is more suited to businesses that have active and enthusiastic communities online, such as visual product based businesses, bars and restaurants or fitness services for example. It is true, that these types of businesses may find it easier to grow their following and generate audience engagement but this is not a reason for more staid businesses, such as those offering legal services, to ignore this platform and Facebook Business Pages, as a way to boost awareness of your law firm. In this blog we explore the benefits that Facebook offers, and why a Law Firm should consider it as part of their wider marketing strategy.
A business page on Facebook gives you a way to communicate directly with your target audience. Don’t forget, Facebook has a huge and diverse user-base, with over 2.38 billion monthly active users and 1.56 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily.
It is a trusted resource as it is so transparent, so many users look to Facebook as an additional search engine when looking for services and researching companies. If your Law Firm is not visible on social media, even if you are found in the Search Engines, you are missing an opportunity to promote a strong first impression, especially when potential clients are more likely to trust firms they can find on other platforms outside of their own website.
Once you start to build your audience, you can also use Facebook as a valuable ongoing focus group. Your fans are there because they are aware of your company and want to learn more. While they certainly are expecting to receive useful information from your Facebook page, you also can be collecting useful information from them through their participation.
Personalise Your Company – connect directly with your local clients
Social connections and genuine communication are essential parts of social media, and Facebook gives you an opportunity to attach a face, name, and personality to your brand, that increases awareness and support. While your Facebook page may represent your company, it also allows you to show the human side of your business through one-on-one conversations, company news, local community support and non-business interaction.
Facebook page benefits include:
- Reach a Targeted Audience with increased exposure to potential clients
- Demonstrate expertise
- Greater communication via live-chat access through Messenger, even if your website doesn’t offer it
- Competitive marketing costs (Facebook Advertising)
- Use Facebook Insights. …
- Build Brand Loyalty and social proof through engagement,
- Increase Your Web Traffic. …
- Boost SEO.
Facebook Advertising, utilising audience targeting techniques, is the next step to consider as part of a wider marketing strategy. The benefits it offers include:
- Control of Spend: One of the most significant benefits of Facebook advertising is being able to control and monitor success of spend: Facebook ads are relatively inexpensive when compared to traditional print or radio ads — and are more targeted with the ability to effectively track results
- Control of ad targeting: Compared to radio or paper advertising, Facebook gives you much greater control of your ad’s target. Here are some of the ways you can target your ads:
- Age, Gender, and Language: You can select the basic demographics of the audience you want to reach.
- Location: You have the option to target your audience based on location
- Education: You can select your audience based on education level, fields of study, schools and undergrad years.
- Interests: You can choose specific interests (such as family law, property) etc. that are important to your audience.
- Behaviours: You can select people based on purchase behaviours or intents, device usage and more.
- Connections: You can select your audience based on whether they’re connected to your Page. Anyone who has a friend connected to what you’re advertising will see their friend included in your ad.
Facebook Is Good for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Facebook can be an effective way to direct traffic to your business website and blog. Your posts, links, and other actions that are contained on your public Facebook page also can give you an SEO boost if they are indexed by the search engines, increasing your rankings and organic traffic.
With the speed of social media and new weight being added to information shared through social channels by the search engines, ensuring your Facebook page is filled with rich content relevant to your business can help you boost your search engine rankings.
Your Competition Already Has One
Just because the competition is doing something isn’t always a good enough reason for you to do the same, but in the instance of social media, not having a Facebook page or a presence on other social networks can cost you opportunities—especially if your competition is using social media and using it well.
Choosing to be active on this platform provides the opportunity to stand out from the competition, establish trust and authority, increase brand awareness and deliver quality leads. It does however require a clear marketing strategy and the resource to manage the page and or adverts correctly.
Optimising the page is key, a few fundamentals include:
- Contact Information: Ensure your contact information is up-to-date and that you have clear “Call-To-Action” links such as “Call Us” “Make an Enquiry” in the About Us sections.
- Reviews: Reviews are a valuable marketing tool, so make the most of them on your Facebook page, reviews establish trust and can boosts your search engine rankings.
- Regular Valuable Content: Post regular content including video that your target audience will find useful, demonstrating your expertise.
We realise that this can seem daunting if you do not have the time or resources to do so. You can outsource these tasks to a digital marketing agency like FireTap, who can develop tailored marketing strategies and design unique, relevant and engaging content for your law firm’s website and Social Media Platforms.
If you would like some initial advice or assistance in running your Facebook Page, Facebook Advertising or setting up a marketing strategy, give us a call on 0203 911 9715 or email email@example.com