Blogging for law firms
We are all aware that establishing a strong web presence to engage and communicate with customers is becoming part-and-parcel of any successful business.
One of the most effective ways a law firm can build brand awareness, especially when combined with social media and a well optimised website, is through a consistent, relevant blogging.
Blogging, whilst providing relevant and useful content to a target audience, is a powerful way to promote your business online, improve search engine rankings and drive relevant traffic to your website and increase enquiries.
There are several reasons why law firms take the decision not to blog, one of the most common being the time and resources required to develop the content and the upkeep to a blogging section on a website. However, the benefits of a law firm blog can make the effort worthwhile.
Here are some of the biggest reasons why your law firm should start a blog
- It helps drive traffic to your website – Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website, which means another opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search. New blog posts give a cue to Google and Bing that your website is active and they should check frequently for new content.
- Content for Social Media – Blogging helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you create content that people can share on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), exposing your business to new audiences. Blog posts also provide you with content to help keep your social media presence active.
- It helps convert traffic into leads – Once you have traffic coming to your website via your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads. Each post is an opportunity to generate new leads.
- It helps establish authority – Prospective clients are likely to do their research online, so having content that provides helpful information for your target clients will help establish you as an authority in their eyes. Additionally you can build reputation amongst your industry with other lawyers, who can be a great source of referrals.
- Your competitors are – If your firm is not blogging, others will. Visibility online, at the right time is key! If you are not visible online and your competition is providing worthy, regular updates then there is a risk of prospective clients being compelled to go elsewhere.
If you are looking for a way to increase your online exposure, improve search engine rankings and establish yourself as an expert in your industry, they your law firm should definitely being taking advantage of the worthwhile benefits of blogging as a marketing strategy.
Ensuring that you have well drafted and relevant content across your website not just in a blog, coupled with ensuring that your website is compliant with newly updated SRA Transparency Rules , can be time consuming.
Another concern, especially for lawyers, could be the question of ensuring that the content of your blog doesn’t infringe someone else’s copyright. (Read this great advice article on Blog Safety and Intellectual Property on Azrights’ website)
We realise that this can seem daunting if you do not have the time or resources to do so. You can outsource these tasks to a specialist law firm digital marketing agency like FireTap, who can develop tailored marketing strategies and design unique, relevant and engaging content for your law firm’s website.
FireTap Marketing specialise in providing effective marketing services with tangible results to law firms of all sizes with a budget that will move you up the rankings. With years of experience in the legal industry, our team can help your law firm get found online. Enquire online about our legal marketing services here.