Facebook recently started rolling out its 3D photo feature. This feature converts Portrait shots into a three-dimensional format. Users now have a new feature they can use when sharing memories and moment which adds a fun, lifelike dimension to their photos.
There is a catch though, this feature is only available to people with an iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and iPhone XS. The iPhone XR has not been mentioned in the list as it does not have a duel-camera at the back. However, it does have a Portrait mode and it appears that the 3D feature is supported on an iPhone XR.
We presented the 3D photos feature and now we're handing the creativity off to you! We can't wait to see what you come up with. If you need a little help getting started, check out our video on how to post a 3D photo. What are you excited to bring to life using this immersive format?
Posted by Facebook 360 on Thursday, October 11, 2018
After reading some Facebook comments, we noticed that some Facebook users are having trouble implementing the 3D feature. So, we thought it would be worthwhile listing the steps on how to create a 3D photo.
How To Create a 3D Photo with Facebook’s new 3D Feature:
- Step 1. Have an iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and iPhone XS. (As mentioned above, it would appear that the iPhone XR also works)
- Step 2 Create a ‘new post’ on Facebook
- Step 3. Tap the icon with the three dots, in the top right hand corner, to view more options
- Step 4. Tap the ‘3D Photo’ option to open up the iPhone ‘Portraits’ folder
- Step 5. Choose the photo you would like to share on with our family and friends on Facebook
- Step 6. Add a quirky caption and hit ‘Share’
- Step 7. Watch your photo come to life and start rolling in the ‘Likes’ and ‘Comments’